Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Checklist of Upcoming Extravaganzaaaaaas!

Extravaganzaaaaaa! #1: Nov. 17 at 1 pm will witness one of the most anticipated battles of that week. In one corner, the Centennial Scourge, the Devil of Selection, the Duke of Trout: Mad MattDanDunn. In the other corner, coming out of a 5-year hiatus from talks, defender of truth, justice and g, the Key to Validity, the Prince of Novelty: S.Brian Brain the Hooooooood. These two longtime foes (roommates, actually) will go head to head in an awesome battle over Brian's most recent dissertation section: Validity and Scientific Realism. Brian thinks he settled the question, Matt thinks Brian is uncharitable to his opposition and that either way, Brian's position is vaccuous. Life at the S. Mitchell house will never be the same. Heads will roll, dogs will stink, and crickets will invade.

Extravaganzaaaaaa! #2: APA Dec. 27 where Brian will NOT get a job on the basis of his paper "Validity and Scientific Realism".

Extravaganzaaaaaa! #3: Spring Break (March 12-17) in Amsterdam where I will present my paper to a group of methodologists, one of whom I attack, though ultimately defend, in my paper "Validity and Scientific Realism". While there, I intend to gorge myself on Japanese Pancakes.

Extravaganzaaaaaa! #4: May and June in Tbilisi where I will do nothing related to my paper "Validity and Scientific Realism". There I will show my skills as a premium dancer, eat khachapori, drink cha cha, and get stuck in a kwevri (shout out to my didi kartveli megobrebs).

No comments: