Thursday, January 15, 2009

New Toy

I just bought a Mesa/Boogie 2x12 Roadster Rectifier amp. It is sweet. Luscious cleans and rich distortions. I can actually hear the tone of my guitar now, whereas before all the processing masked the character of my instrument. The thing weighs a ton! I could barely get it up the stairs. It has like eleventythousand tubes in the back (actually 6). The amp has 4 independent channels each with its own tone characteristics, which makes it basically 4 amps in one. I have yet to crank it past the 8 o'clock position because it is so damn loud. The amp can run in 50watt mode or 100watt mode (you can specify this for each channel!) and there's all sorts of other crazy things you can do with the amp that I haven't quite figured out. It is the most versatile amp at this price point and the second most versatile amp on the market (beaten only by its big brother, the Mesa Road King). I still haven't figured out how to get super saturated distortions out of it, but supposedly they are there for the taking. Yes, I know the music room is aclutter. I need to find an efficient arrangement.



1 comment:

Matthew D Dunn said...

Nice dude. About time you got a tube amp. And I don't think I've ever seen your electric guitar.