Sunday, December 16, 2007

In preparation for departure (not a job post)...

OK, so FINE, I've decided that I will miss Bloomington. I've seen almost everyone that I need to see before leaving (Hollingsworth, ahem). Tonight while packing up my place it finally hit me that I'd be gone for 4 months, and it seemed that things were just starting to get good again.

Packing has been a real bitch. I'm so grateful that Matt and Grant have allowed me to store my stuff at their place, but if I have to make that trek across town again with a carload of stuff, I am going to scoopy my own eyes out. I hate the Grand Marquis, but one thing it has going for it is ample trunk space and an expansive back seat. I can't imagine having to do this with my Altima (RIP). It'll be awesome driving 14 hours to Florida while the vehicle's gluttonous gas consumption slowly starting eating away at my dining budget for the first week in Amsterdam.

Matt and Grant leave tomorrow, so today was a whirlwind of moving ass-painery. I'm not sure that I should make just one more trip tomorrow morning, as I'm uncertain that I will be able to fit the items left in my apartment into my car. Many possessions have met their end in the neighboring apartment complex's dumpster for the simple reason that I didn't feel like moving them. However, I'm not sure I want to toss one of my lamps or my desk chair, neither of which made it over today. Also, the guitar on which most of the Grandpa's Man songs were recorded is threatened to end up in the heap if I don't take it over tomorrow morning. It is not a fancy guitar (far from it), but it is legendary. No other guitar I've owned has kept the same strings on it for 8 years. It sounds completely dead, completely Grandpa.

My back is killing me, I got 3.5 hours of sleep last night, and I wore shoes soaked through (because of the snow) all day.

Go see "No Country for Old Men."

No comments: