Monday, February 04, 2008

Picture delay

Today I had intended to post some pictures of the office and such. Well, in a my sickened condition this morning, I was just barely conscious enough to realize where I was, so I forgot to take my camera to work. Yes, that's right. I'm sick AGAIN. This time it hit me around 5 pm on Saturday. I was walking back from town and noticed my arms starting to hurt (alot). When I got into the apartment, my health began spiralling downward. By 10 pm I was aching all over and had the shakes. A moderate cough was developing. I ended up sleeping in a sweater, sweatpants, and socks to combat the chills. Mind you, I had felt completely fine the day before and for the past 3 weeks (since the last time I was sick). Yesterday, I mostly stayed in bed and drank water and tolerated congestion. Today I woke up (actually, I woke up throughout the night) and I couldn't talk without aggrivating the itch in my throat (bringing on a coughing fit). Nevertheless, our little trooper stuck in there and went to the departmental lunch thinking about the terrible evil to which he was exposing his colleagues. Other symptoms include shortwindedness probably attributable to fluid in my lungs (e.g., walking and (then) talking are out of the question), lightheadedness (though no nausea), gray skies, and malais. However, the chills I had the first night are gone and the body aches are not as intense as they were on Saturday. The combination of a tender, runny nose and Dutch bathroom tissue as made for an unpleasant condition as well. It is odd how I typically get sick once per year (including colds), if that; then I come here and I get severely struck down twice in a month.

No comments: