Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Willis Gaumarjos!


Wonderful news today. Our very own Six-shooter, aka "Willi" aka "Big Shota" aka "Tyson Sadleir," recently got news that he has been accepted to no fewer than 2 graduate programs to study slavic linguistics. This is a big win for Willi since it means that he will not have to become a fireman, where his fluency in Russian would not be likely to help him succeed. American fires do not respond to Russian expletives.

To read more about Big Shota, you can go here. This man is a man's man, and I should know. I've hiked the Greater Causasus mountains with him, I've seen him resist assult from a very angry Ukrainian girl, I've seen him charm the pants off many a gogona in Tbilisi, and no American can put away khinkali meat pockets like this man, even if the khinkali did eventually win. Tyson, if I had anything to drink around, I'd propose a toast to you, chemo megobaro!


2 comments:

Matthew D Dunn said...

This might be the greatest post in the history of your blog. And not only because it has to do with Tyson (though that helps). The abundance of interesting links (particularly the one about Tyson's talk on Utah which was hilarious), the concise, clever prose, the photograph, you really pulled it all together on this one Hood and if it wasn't 10:00am here I'd toast you with something alcoholic. But my coffee will have to do.

Anonymous said...

Thanks little Gio.