Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Matt, your wish is my command

Matthew, as requested, I have provided pictures of my workplace. All these were taken today, so you can get an idea of how quickly the weather changes. At 11, the skies were mostly clear and we were approaching the high of 48 degrees, but by the time I took the later pictures around 13:00, the temperature had dropped and it was cloudy. It was raining steadily by the time I left the office at 16:00.

The cafe, Kriterion, is run by psychology students mostly. It is a good place to go for a cup of coffee or beer and is usually packed with students. The building where I work houses psychology and (I think) economics (perhaps sociology too). The campus is pretty spread out all over the city, so you don't get a campus feel. There is a restaurant next door called The Roeter that is not bad. I haven't been there since coming back, but it is a cool place to hang out after Kriterion closes. I once had drinks with Keelan there.

I share my office with 3 people, but usually there are only 2 of us in there. I would have snapped a photo of them, but they were not around much today. You can see the mess that is my desk with my laptop. Taking pictures was an excuse for getting away from the paper that I'm writing.

Today I got a postcard from China (not pictured (neither China nor the postcard)). It was nice to get a little mail, espcially from such a good friend. She's the postcard queen. I hadn't received any post from her in a while, so it was a nice surprise to find when I got home.

So, here I am home by 15:00 and little to do. I suppose it is time to get back to work.








2 comments:

Matthew D Dunn said...

Can you get in trouble for biking under the influence in Holland?

Brian said...

I'm not sure. However, I do know that if you don't have a light on your bike after dark that you are fined something like 40 euros.