Wednesday, January 30, 2008

One Pizza Later

About 36 hours until I leave for Tilburg. At first I was worried that by moving to a sleepy little university town in the south, that I'd become bored and disappointed with it in relation to Amsterdam. However, after being in Amsterdam for 3 weeks and finding myself with little time other than on the weekends to do stuff (during which time I am usually bored), I'm no longer worried about that. In fact, I am sure that in many ways it will be an improvement. There'll be lots of other philosophers around and the department seems pretty lively. Also, I've already started making contacts with psychometricians there, so I'll have two possible social ponds to swim in. By request I've included a map of the Netherlands to show ya'll where Tilburg is.Matt, you'll notice the proximity to Belgium. You can bet your bottom dollar that I'm going to try to find some people with whom to explore breweries. I don't think you'd want to go anyway. All the monks are ID proponents, I think.

News: I've lost 6 pounds since getting here.

No comments: