Sunday, January 13, 2008

Social time

Last night I finally met some people. I think it must have been around 1 am when I finally grew sick of watching Dutch television and listening to the neighbors having such a good time. I went out on the balcony and before too long a girl came out of the unit which shares the balcony and asked me who I was. She insisted that I come inside to her place and have a drink. I entered her place and there were 4 girls: a Belgian, Parisian, Norwegian, and my hostess, a Swiss. The Norwegian was exceptionally tall. My hostess, Jackie, was very friendly and we had a fairly long debate about who was worse, Hitler or Stalin. I stayed over until about 3 a.m. As I was leaving, Jackie invited me to go with her and a Dutch friend of hers to the Rembrandt museum. Now, I don't care much for Rembrandt or museums for that matter, but I've been so starved for social interaction, that I'd go just about anywhere as long as I don't have to go alone. Unfortunately, again I slept until nearly 14:00, the time at which I would have had to meet Jackie. She knocked on my door and I had to decline, regretfully.

No comments: