Tuesday, January 22, 2008

There's no rain

I've come to realize that clear days are a celebratory occasion here in Amsterdam. Therefore, I have chosen to celebrate today as the first clear day in over a week. In observance of "first clear day in over a week" I have procured several delightful goodies. On the way home I had the quinessential Dutch snack, the Haring Broodje. It is a sandwich with raw herring and onions. There are places all over town that sell these yummy yums. Bones are left intact, but they are small and easily consumed. At 3.50 euros, they are a bit pricey, however. Without bread (just raw fish and onions) it is 3.00 euros. Unfortunately the sandwich is not pictured. It is in a warm dark place right now. I also picked up a mini baguette to go with dinner tonight, 2 celebratory Jupiler beers (which I now realize I've been calling 'Jupiter' since my first visit last March). Last, but not least, I picked up some chocolates from the legendary "Unlimited Delicious" chocoshop. I'll write more about them once I've tasted them, but the flavors include hot-chocolate and pepper, olive, jasmine tea, espresso, rosemary, ginger, among others. 100 grams for 5 euros. I'm sure it is worth it considering they gave me a taste of the hot-chocolate pepper and it was divine. Tomorrow's forecast: rain.

No comments: